[Gpg4win-devel] Claws Mail status

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Sep 30 14:13:52 CEST 2008

At Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:02:39 +0200,
'Werner Koch' wrote:
> > There's http://www.claws-mail.org/win32/gpg4win-light-1.9.8-svn929.exe
>
> I do such build also from time to time.  Now that we are several parties
> who build instalers we should figure out a naming scheme so that we know
> what the users actually installed.  The version number is actually the
> version number of the installer and does not indicate which programs are
> actually included.

For builds that are straight out of svn the default name should be ok.
The problem is quality assurance: there are some known broken versions
of the mingw32 runtime, and the packages list is not enforced by the
build system.

How about automatic snapshot builds?  The main reason against it is
the darn source installer.  However, nobody says the source must come
in one package: We can just provide the gpg4win source tarball and the
individual packages used.  These can be cached and symlinked, as they
don't change often:

pool/bzip2-1.0.4-g10.tar.gz
svn929/bzip2-1.0.4-g10.tar.gz -> ../pool/bzip2-1.0.4-g10.tar.gz
svn929/gpg4win-1.9.8-svn929.exe
svn929/gpg4win-light-1.9.8-svn929.exe

Thanks,
Marcus