[Gpg4win-devel] Claws Mail status

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Sep 30 14:02:39 CEST 2008

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:14, colin at colino.net said:

> There's http://www.claws-mail.org/win32/gpg4win-light-1.9.8-svn929.exe

I do such build also from time to time.  Now that we are several parties
who build instalers we should figure out a naming scheme so that we know
what the users actually installed.  The version number is actually the
version number of the installer and does not indicate which programs are
actually included.

What about simply renaming the installer after a build to say:

  gpg4win-light-1.9.8-svn929_colin_with-the-latest-and-best-claws-1.2.3.exe

or

  gpg4win-light-1.9.8-svn929_g10_with-a-test-gpg-1.exe

In that case we could also drop the "light" and do

  gpg4win-1.9.8-svn929_g10_with-a-test-gpg-1.exe

An let's reserve

  gpg4win-1.9.8.exe
  gpg4win-light-1.9.8.exe
  gpg4win-src-1.9.8.exe

for "official" build, which are those prominently linked from
gpg4win.org.

Comments?

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner