[Gpg4win-devel] Claws Mail status

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Sep 30 15:39:46 CEST 2008

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:21, Reinhard.Irmer at skba.de said:

> I'm familiar with gpg4win. I use it since version 1.x and it works
> fine.  But I do not want to change to gnupg2, gpa and so on; the
> normal gpg like in version 1.1.3 with WinPT is enough for me. The only

Note that WinPT is not maintained anymore.  Not being maintained is bad
for any software but for security software it is even worse.

Eventually I will even send out a end-of-life statement for gpg 1.4
installer under Windows because it is to cumbersome to maintain a
separate version for Windows.  There are some reasons to keep on using
gpg 1.4 but that does not cover any desktop applications and thus
installer support for gpg 1.4 will eventually be dropped.  In turn that
means that we can't support gpg4win 1.x any longer (at least not based
on gpg 1.4).

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--