[Gpg4win-devel] Italian translation

Emanuel Schütze emanuel at intevation.de
Wed Aug 5 11:05:20 CEST 2009

Hi Vincenzo,

On 03.08.2009 23:42, Vincenzo Reale wrote:
> I'd like to thank you in advance for the great work you made.

Thank you!

> I'm interested in translating gpg4win to Italian.
> Please, let me know how I can send you my first revision.

Oh, that's great!! We're always happy about new contributors for gpg4win.

What you can do for Gpg4win? We have 3 main translation fields:

1. Translation of the NSIS installer dialogs
Currently, we have English, German, Spanish, French. (You get a language
choice if you start the gpg4win installer first time.)
If you want to add Italien you need to create the file it.po - like the other
language po files:
http://wald.intevation.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/po/?root=gpg4win

You can get commit rights for the gpg4win svn. Please create a new account at
http://wald.intevation.org first.

2. Translation of the Gpg4win Compendium
The Gpg4win Compendium is a new documentation for Gpg4win 2. It contains the
old german handbooks ("Einsteiger" and "Durchblicker") and add a lot of new
functions which are integreated in Gpg4win 2.0.0 (especially many Kleopatra
features).

Note: The Compendium is currently written in german only! It is still in
process (current document version: 3.0.0-beta2). After we finish this german
compendium version we'll translate it into English. My estimation: we could
finish the English compendium in the end of 2009.

Do you speak German? Can you translate from German into Italian?
Otherwise you have to wait for the English translation of Gpg4win Compendium.

You can find the current German compendium beta releases (and other English
and old German handbooks) here: http://wald.intevation.org/frs/?group_id=11

Let me know if you're interested in translation this Gpg4win Compendium.
You can get commit right for the gpg4win svn, too (see point 1).

3. Translation of Kleopatra
---------------------------
Kleopatra is a KDE project and the translation is managed in the KDE svn - I
think you know the process if you are a member of the KDE Italian
translation team... :-)
Currently, the Kleopatra package for Gpg4win contains English (US) and German
only. We could think about to add more language in the next releases of
Gpg4win - I don't know if other languages have full tranlation for Kleopatra.
Maybe you can check it for Italian?

Do you have any questions?
I'm lokking forward to hearing your preferred translation work!
Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Emanuel

--