[Gpg4win-devel] Italian translation

Vincenzo Reale smart2128 at baslug.org
Wed Aug 5 23:43:45 CEST 2009

Il 05/08/2009 11.05, Emanuel Schütze ha scritto:
> Hi Vincenzo,
>
> On 03.08.2009 23:42, Vincenzo Reale wrote:
>> I'd like to thank you in advance for the great work you made.
>
> Thank you!
>
>> I'm interested in translating gpg4win to Italian.
>> Please, let me know how I can send you my first revision.
>
> Oh, that's great!! We're always happy about new contributors for gpg4win.
>

> What you can do for Gpg4win? We have 3 main translation fields:
>
> 1. Translation of the NSIS installer dialogs
> Currently, we have English, German, Spanish, French. (You get a language
> choice if you start the gpg4win installer first time.)
> If you want to add Italien you need to create the file it.po - like the other
> language po files:
> http://wald.intevation.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/po/?root=gpg4win
>
> You can get commit rights for the gpg4win svn. Please create a new account at
> http://wald.intevation.org first.

Almost translated (1 fuzzy, 0 untranslated). I'll get a SVN account. Thanks.
I started working also on GpgEX.po and GpgOL.po files.

> 2. Translation of the Gpg4win Compendium
> The Gpg4win Compendium is a new documentation for Gpg4win 2. It contains the
> old german handbooks ("Einsteiger" and "Durchblicker") and add a lot of new
> functions which are integreated in Gpg4win 2.0.0 (especially many Kleopatra
> features).
>
> Note: The Compendium is currently written in german only! It is still in
> process (current document version: 3.0.0-beta2). After we finish this german
> compendium version we'll translate it into English. My estimation: we could
> finish the English compendium in the end of 2009.
>
> Do you speak German? Can you translate from German into Italian?
> Otherwise you have to wait for the English translation of Gpg4win Compendium.
>
> You can find the current German compendium beta releases (and other English
> and old German handbooks) here: http://wald.intevation.org/frs/?group_id=11
>
> Let me know if you're interested in translation this Gpg4win Compendium.
> You can get commit right for the gpg4win svn, too (see point 1).

I need to wait the English version to eventually begin the Italian
translation.

> 3. Translation of Kleopatra
> ---------------------------
> Kleopatra is a KDE project and the translation is managed in the KDE svn - I
> think you know the process if you are a member of the KDE Italian
> translation team... :-)
> Currently, the Kleopatra package for Gpg4win contains English (US) and German
> only. We could think about to add more language in the next releases of
> Gpg4win - I don't know if other languages have full tranlation for Kleopatra.
> Maybe you can check it for Italian?

The stable branch has already a translation for Kleopatra, as you can
see following the link below:

http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable-kde4/team/it/kdepim/

It's translated by another member of the translation team.

Regards,
Vincenzo