[Gpg4win-devel] Building Kleopatra / KDE and current Git installer on Debian Squeeze

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Dec 7 11:09:40 CET 2012

Hi,

I wanted to add a little Patch kleopatra and updated the old kde/gpg4win
buildscripts to work again with KDE in git and gpg4win in git and a lot of
other software that changed over the years :) You can find the updated
scripts at [1]

Ideally on debian squeeze you should now be able to install the dependencies
[2] and just run:

mkdir gpg4win && cd gpg4win
svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/gpg4win/scripts
cd scripts/debian-xcompile
./make-all.sh

And everything would be honky-dory. But, as we do not live in an ideal world
there are, of course, some pitfalls:

1. Glib: I've needed a newer build version as there is only version 2.24 on
debian squeeze which does not contain the glib-compile-schemas tool needed to
cross compile glib 2.32.0 that is used by gpg4win.

2. Glib again: I've run into the same Problem Colin Leroy mentioned before
with __imp__pthread_mutex_lock and also had to swtich to gcc-mingw32

3. Boost: Software including boost 1.34 (like kleopatra) does not build with
gcc-4.4 There was a Python script attached to the bugreport of boost [3]
which I could modify to fix up the boost headers that are provided by the
kdesupport package.

4. gtk: I've needed to add --disable-cups to the gpg4win_pkg_gtk_configure
variable. Otherwise it would fail because cups.h was not installed in the
target prefix but it did find cups-config. I've commited a fix for this.

5. Kdelibs: The kdelibs configure test for HAVE_STRCASESTR_PROTO fails on the
native build step but on compile time you get an error because kde then
redifines strcasestr. I could not figure out quickly what was wrong there,
probably different compiler options during build / configure time. I just
hacked it locally for me.

That was it. The rest of my problems are fixed in the beforementioned scripts
[1]. I Hope the experince of my build odyssey helps someone that might run
into the same issues ;) . In the long term I would really like to integrate
the qt/kdelibs/kdepim build for kleopatra in the gpg4win installer scripts
using more up to date versions of the software.

Regards,
Andre

1: http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/gpg4win/scripts/debian-xcompile/

2: my not really clean system I've needed:
apt-get install --no-install-recommends mingw-w64 mingw32-binutils
mingw32-runtime gcc-mingw32 nsis stow zip unzip bzip2 texinfo imagemagick
libglib2.0-dev latex-xcolor subversion icecc wget libjpeg62-dev libpng12-dev
zlib1g-dev libdbus-1-dev libdbus-glib-1-dev libssl-dev libx11-dev libxext-dev
autoconf automake gettext shared-mime-info libsm-dev libxml2-dev
libxml2-utils libxslt1-dev libbz2-dev texlive-latex-extra
texlive-fonts-recommended libffi-dev

3: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2069

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262 |  http://www.intevation.de/