[Gpg4win-devel] Apply for grant to maintain Gpg4win?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Dec 10 21:46:06 CET 2012

Dear friends and soon-to-be contributors to Gpg4win!

Recently 	Samir Nassar pointed out that we there may be some funding we
could apply for. We would like you to help, finding more places
and to write and support our applications for grants.

Samir found out that https://www.informsec.net/techgrants2/
as a "Small Technology Grant" that Gpg4win may apply for.
He wrote:

"The Small Technology Grants support one of the ISC’s two program
ojectives – founding and supporting a coalition of expert organizations
and individuals who are creating information security systems, tools,
and research in support of civil society organizations, independent
media, and human rights activists located in countries around the world
(except for China, Iran, and North Korea which are not covered by this
program). Due to funding restrictions, technology grants may not be
issued for direct software development of original products or marketing
of existing or new products. Grant applications should match at least
one of the four Small Technology Grants categories:

 1. Technical and field testing of existing tools
 2. Linguistic translation of software interface, documentation, or
    training materials
 3. Creation of product documentation or training materials
 4. Customization or improvement of existing tools

The amount of the grants varies between 5000 USD and 75000 USD. I don't
know if I have any influence, but if I knew that the GPG4Win team
applied I would lobby informsec.net hard.

I believe GPG4Win could come into categories 1 and 4 if not all four
criteria."

The deadline given on the webpage is
 Deadline for Submission of Questions:  January 15, 2013
 Application Deadline:  January 25, 2013

So we don't have much time.
What do you think? Can you help us craft an application?

Best Regards,