[Gpg4win-devel] Syntax error when linking with some .def files

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Apr 19 14:50:29 CEST 2013

Hi,
I just ran into a problem building gpg4win on an Ubunut 13.4. The problem is
that libtool adds an EXPORTS line in the first line when parsing def files which
do not already have EXPORTS in their first line. This happens for at least w32-
pth-2.0.2 and adns-1.4-g10-2. and was already described on the gcrypt-devel
mailing list: http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gcrypt-devel/2013-March/002119.html

On debian this was not a problem as the old deffile parser from ld (binutils
2.22) apparently accepted that double EXPORTS line. But the ld in ubuntu 13.4
(binutils 2.23.2) rejects it as a syntax error.

I'm not sure what the best fix for this is, should all .def files be changed so
that their first line reads EXPORTS or should we try to fix libtool so that it
not only parses the first line? (Which seems wrong to me)

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  |  http://www.intevation.de/