[Gpg4win-devel] signature in body: no-mime and new "double no-mime"

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Mon Aug 26 19:31:16 CEST 2013

Am Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:53:17 +0200
schrieb Andre Heinecke <aheinecke at intevation.de>:

> Hi,

> > > Well, thanks for this link. Unfortunately, I could not find any
> > > Outlook example with an "double no-mime" signed message. Instead
> > > I see a new term - at least new to me - called "opaque signed".
>
> An opaque signature means that text that is signed is embedded in it.
> It's what you get when you use "gpg --sign -a" without the detached
> option.
>

> > Well, we need to adjust the terminology on some examples
> > and probably also add some.
> >
> > Andre, can you add a "double no-mime" example mail please. :)
>
> There is one already (as you can see in this screenshot):
> http://wiki.gnupg.org/MailClients/Screenshots?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=kontact_opaque.png
>
> Additionally here is the opaque signature of this message (Making it
> what we call "double no-mime", clear text above an opaque signature):

Thanks, Andre, for explaining "opaque signed". The provided link,
however, is a bit confusing. According to Bernhards explanations I have
expected a message with the actual message content (= payload or body
text) being just repeated. The hardcopy of your link looks different.

Regards,
Peter

PS: Besides your message Claws additionally displays a
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE----
-----END PGP MESSAGE----
block, which is displayed with Gnus as
[[PGP Encrypted Part:Failed]]