[Gpg4win-devel] PGP/MIME and future (Re: signature in body: no-mime and new "double no-mime")

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Aug 28 11:42:01 CEST 2013

On Monday 26 August 2013 at 17:44:53, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:28, bernhard at intevation.de said:
> > To be able to fully support crypto email messages with MIME
> > the "extension" code must have enough access to the MIME handling of
> > the email client it wants to work for.
>
> For GpgOL this is not true because we provide our own MIME parser and
> maker code.  The problem at hand is that Outlook knows about MOSS
> objects (that is the common framework for S/MIME and PGP/MIME) and
> processes such mails through a different code path.  What the client
> code (and thus GpgOL) the sees is a pre-processed MIME object which is
> not anymore suitable as input for crypto processing.

This is what I've meant with " access to the MIME handling", we would need to
get the email before outlook+exchange processed it and to be able to insert
something after it has processed it for outgoing. Thanks for the
clarification!

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner