[Gpg4win-devel] Gpg4win 2.2.0: Portable vanilla ignores homedir environment variable

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Aug 28 12:29:35 CEST 2013

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 11:22, pvoigt at uos.de said:

> to L:/Programme/GNU/GnuPG/home/gpg.conf as well? And where does the
> portable installation expect gpg-agent.conf and gpgsm.conf?

  L:/Programme/GNU/GnuPG/home

> It's an NTFS formated TrueCrypt container and should therfore work. To
> be honest I do not feel comfortable with symlinks under Windows.

They are available for a decade or so but nobody knows.  Frankly, I
also don't know which command line tool to use.

> This would be nice and the preferred solution. I even experimented with
> renaming this file which resulted in the expected behavior, however
> with probably unpredictable side effects. I case you are going to change
> this will it be possible to have gpg.conf, gpg-agent.conf and
> gpgsm.conf besides my keyrings in homedir as well?

My idea is to take in account an entry in gpgconf.ctl like

===
homedir=../../user/gnupg
==

to replace the current default of homedir=home.  Thus you have full
control on where to place the home directory.  IF you use a relative
name, you can place it on the USB stick, but if you prefer a drive
letter you could do that as well.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner