[Gpg4win-devel] Putty and ECDSA support for gpg-agent in 2.0

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jul 5 14:04:41 CEST 2013

On Fri,  5 Jul 2013 11:24, pvoigt at uos.de said:

> When now thing about a useful default I'd like the
> --enable-putty-support being added automatically.

In the GPA and Kleopatra Backend-Preference you will find a check box
below the gpg-agent tab.  Thus no need to mess around with an editor.

> One possibly stupid question: How to tell PuTTY to read passphrases
> from gpg-agent instead of Pageant? I'm using PuTTY 0.62.

Just don't start Pageant.  Putty looks for a tool which provides the
Pageant protocol and gpg-agent does just this.  Technically Putty looks
for a window named Pageant and communicates with the owner of that
window using WM_COPYDATA and a mapped file.

I have not done extensive tests but the protocol used by Putty is
identical to the one used by OpenSSH and thus gpg-agent should have no
problem to reply to all requests (except for v1 keys - but nobody uses
them anymore, right?).

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner