[Gpg4win-devel] Putty and ECDSA support for gpg-agent in 2.0

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Jul 5 17:29:49 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Friday 05 July 2013 14:44:09 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Friday 05 July 2013 at 14:12:48, Werner Koch wrote:
> > And while we are at it: The need to click on the checkbox for the root
> > certificate readme in the installer is quite annoying.  May I remove
> > that checkbox?
>
> No, unless we come up with more usability improvements, this admittedly
> annoying message has to stay, I'd say.

I disagree and I am very much in favor of removing this checkbox. As it
follows the same pattern as any "I agree to this license checkbox" users will
instincively just click it away. This is of course just on opinion but
personally I never even noticed what is in that text window. My personal user
experience is:
 - Uh installation done. Let's close this dialog.
 -> I can't close it. Mmh do I have to do something else?
 - Ah there is a checkbox. Let me click it.
 -> Now I can close the dialog.

If you insist on trying to force that information on the user it would be much
better to open it in a different Window because then it would not fall into
the same pattern as license texts in installers that users are trained to
click away.

Regards,
Andre

--