[Gpg4win-devel] Putty and ECDSA support for gpg-agent in 2.0

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jul 8 10:23:53 CEST 2013

On Friday 05 July 2013 at 17:29:49, Andre Heinecke wrote:
> If you insist on trying to force that information on the user it would be
> much better to open it in a different Window because then it would not fall
> into the same pattern as license texts in installers that users are trained
> to click away.

If you have a better way of "forcing" the message on the user:
Feel free to change it.

Currently I believe we lack the time to make it even better than that.

On Friday 05 July 2013 at 14:50:59, Werner Koch wrote:
> Still hoping X.509 to keep alive?  It's dead, Bernhard.  Only the TLAs
> have an interest in keeping the centralized trust model of PKIX.

TLA==Top level administrations?

I tend to disagree, PKIX is there for a while whether I like it or not.
In some circumstances it even allows for a better user experience as OpenPGP,
because of the tools and the knowledge available. I do agree to a lot of the
criticism of it, though. But this is no excuse to not document our software
as good as we can for the people that are stuck with x509 and PKIX for
whatever reasons.

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner