[Gpg4win-devel] Syntax error when linking with some .def files

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Mon Aug 4 22:20:57 CEST 2014

Hi,

Sorry for pulling up such an old thread but I just ran into this problem again
trying to get a development environment set up on ubuntu 14.4

I would install a locally patched libtool but I guess that would make the
gpg4win build even less reproducible than it already is :(

On Friday, April 19, 2013 - 09:01:23 PM Werner Koch wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 18:34, aheinecke at intevation.de said:
> > I've tested this with libgpg-error where the patch applies cleanly and it
> > worked. Thanks, this should be applied to the gnupg repos.
>
> Great.

Still in need of a fix are:

w32pth-2.0.5
libassuan-2.1.1
libksba-1.3.0
libgcrypt-1.5.3
scute-1.4.0

> > Btw. before you posted your patch I've hacked my gpg4win with attached
> > patch to work around this problem (also because I wanted to undestand the
> > gpg4win
> Cool hack.  It is not portable (sed -i is a GNU extension) but for
> gpg4win this is fine becuase we rely on some GNU tools anyway.  Remember
> to remove it once we have updated all our libraries (after the next
> release).

The hack from my last mail basically still works but it breaks gpgex as it
moves the exports line before the LIBRARY and DESCRIPTION lines which is
illegal in that format. :(

Best regards,
Andre

P.S.
I've succeeded building on ubuntu but i manually had to disable gnutls/doc as
it does not compile with newer Perl versions :/ (using 2.12.x of gnutls is
starting to get annoying) There is a patch for this in the major distros
though so I might commit a cleaner fix when I want to make a clean build again
;-)

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  |  http://www.intevation.de/