[Gpg4win-devel] Roadmap in the wiki? And remove claws-mail?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Aug 13 14:29:18 CEST 2014

On Friday 20 June 2014 at 14:53:51, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> I've started a roadmap section in the wiki,
> where we can discuss soem questions about upcoming releases.
> http://wiki.gnupg.org/Gpg4win/Roadmap
>
> One question I've added is:
> Shall we remove claws-email from the installer.

For the pending 2.2.2 release, we plan on shipping the version of
Claws that is unmodified from 2.2.1. This is mainly, because we want to
release 2.2.2 quickly because of the security improvements it brings.
And we also lack more people that help doing a fast update right now.

In the mid term we hope that we can finance the effort to nicely separate
claws into its own package, so that people then can install and update
a Gpg4win and a Claws packages separately.

Gpg4win is actually offering the programming interfaces GPGME and UISERVER
and we should help more applications to use them.
:)

Best,

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner