[Gpg4win-devel] Removing GpgOL's gpgme engine to avoid the gpgme dependency

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Oct 13 17:03:57 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Monday 12 October 2015 16:36:02 you wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 14:59, aheinecke at intevation.de said:
> We require because of the data objects and the assuan integration.  Have
> a look at engine-assuan.c and the use of the gpgme data object
> callbacks.

I see.

> Given that libassuan has the more challenging 64 bit code, I
> think it will be easy to port gpgme to 64 bit.

Right. Especially for the subset we use in GpgOL.
I wonder if I should just give it a try and report bugs if I encounter any or
do you want to do some work on it first?

> > I think we should just remove the engine-gpgme code and avoid the
> > dependency to gpgme. Bringing us one step closer to gpgOl for 64bit
> > outlook.
>
> I am fine with the first but the latter requires that you rewrite a lot
> of code.

I did the first. And I don't think doing the letter would be helpful now.

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  | http://www.intevation.de/