[Gpg4win-devel] Build your own Gpg4Win 3.0 beta

Ángel González angel at pgp.16bits.net
Mon Jun 20 23:54:24 CEST 2016

On 2016-06-20 at 18:22 +0200, Jochen Saalfeld wrote:
> Hi List,
> In the last couple of days we build some scripts to make it possible
> to build your own Gpg4Win installer. We used some virtualization
> providers (Docker or Vagrant) to create a stable environment with
> some scripts, that then build the gpg4win installer itself. You
> should now be able to build gpg4win on any reasonable up-to-date
> computer and OS.

Nice!

I spent some time last month getting gpg to cross-compile. Although I
went a bit further, going the extra mile to the msi.

Too bad I didn't manage to get it build on a 100% free environment, the
most I got to was to get it build on GNU/Linux under wine with
Microsoft .Net Framework (thus requiring a Windows license). Still
quite better than a full fledged Windows system, though.

I will review the errors I encountered and try to send the patches your
way. A few were a bit ugly though, like those involving windows max
file path limits. :-/

Should msi requisites be included with the rest of gpg ones or better
to treat them as a separate target?

Best regards

PS: You already superseded my "Note that cmake is now needed" patch :-)