[Gpg4win-devel] Build your own Gpg4Win 3.0 beta

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Fri Jun 24 12:46:21 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Monday 20 June 2016 23:54:24 Ángel González wrote:
> I spent some time last month getting gpg to cross-compile. Although I
> went a bit further, going the extra mile to the msi.

Great, actually I'm suprised you needed to change not more. I've never tried
building an MSI Package and there were lots of changes since the msi script
was created.

> Too bad I didn't manage to get it build on a 100% free environment, the
> most I got to was to get it build on GNU/Linux under wine with
> Microsoft .Net Framework (thus requiring a Windows license). Still
> quite better than a full fledged Windows system, though.

Awesome. It would be great if you could document that either in README-msi.txt
or under wiki.gnupg.org. Just compiling it on a GNU/Linux system completely
might be enough for us to decide to provide this as an alternative Package
with each new release. We'll have to discuss this, but there are people
favoring msi or at least having it as an alternative. [1]

> I will review the errors I encountered and try to send the patches your
> way. A few were a bit ugly though, like those involving windows max
> file path limits. :-/

Thanks. The four patches you've sent I find pretty clear though and I'll apply
them. If you have some more controversial patches you should send them anyway,
maybe someone else has an idea how to fix something in a better way.

> Should msi requisites be included with the rest of gpg ones or better
> to treat them as a separate target?

Imo we should document them in src/README-msi.txt

Thanks!
Andre

1: https://wiki.gnupg.org/Gpg4win/Installer

--