[Gpg4win-devel] Build your own Gpg4Win 3.0 beta

Ángel González angel at pgp.16bits.net
Fri Jun 24 19:32:00 CEST 2016

On 2016-06-24 at 12:46 +0200, Andre Heinecke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 20 June 2016 23:54:24 Ángel González wrote:
> > I spent some time last month getting gpg to cross-compile. Although
> > went a bit further, going the extra mile to the msi.
>
> Great, actually I'm suprised you needed to change not more. I've
> never tried building an MSI Package and there were lots of changes
> since the msi script was created.

I actually had to. These were the ones I had as local commits.

Other issues included adding languages to the perl file, missing uuids,
or that index.theme files were listed to be installed but gtk-update-
icon-cache had not been called.

I thought I had documented most of them, but seems I didn't.

> > Too bad I didn't manage to get it build on a 100% free environment,
> > the
> > most I got to was to get it build on GNU/Linux under wine with
> > Microsoft .Net Framework (thus requiring a Windows license). Still
> > quite better than a full fledged Windows system, though.
>
> Awesome. It would be great if you could document that either in
> README-msi.txt or under wiki.gnupg.org.

Sure. I will prepare some patches against README-msi.txt

I can't login into wiki.gnupg.org ("bad login or password" with the
credentials that work on bugs.gnupg.org), maybe there are some extra
steps needed.

> Just compiling it on a GNU/Linux system completely
> might be enough for us to decide to provide this as an alternative
> Package with each new release. We'll have to discuss this, but there
> are people favoring msi or at least having it as an alternative. [1]

Glad to hear it. I'm afraid the .exe installer doesn't lead well to
automation.

> Thanks. The four patches you've sent I find pretty clear though and
> I'll apply them. If you have some more controversial patches you
> should send them anyway, maybe someone else has an idea how to fix
> something in a better way.

Thanks!

I will follow with more patches soon.

Best regards