[Gpg4win-devel] Kleopatra devel

Luc Lalonde Luc.Lalonde at polymtl.ca
Wed Dec 12 21:25:03 CET 2018

Hello,

Ok here we go...

Here at work we are looking at either using PGP or X.509 certs for
signing documents.

Personnaly I was pushing for the use of PGP, but there are are two
sticking points:

  * PDF signatures are in a separate file
  * there does not seem to be a way to add a signature to an existing
    signature file with Kleopatra

Has there ever been an interest for the second point?   If so, here's
how I see it:

If a signature file exists, Kleopatra would ask the user to add the
signature to the exisisting file OR replace it.

For most non-technical users, it's not an option to go to command line
and concatenate two or more signature files into one.

What do you think?

Cheers, Luc.

--
Luc Lalonde, analyste