[Gpg4win-devel] How to contribute with translation

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at gnupg.org
Wed Apr 24 09:23:50 CEST 2019

Hi,

On Wednesday 24 April 2019 08:02:23 CEST Andrej Kacian wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 01:18:42 +0200
> Giuseppe Bertone wrote:
> >  I just sent a PR (https://github.com/gpg/gpg4win/pull/2) to the GitHub
> > repo and attached a "classic" request pull: you can get the it.po from
> > there.
> > I know you don't use GitHub as a main repo, but it is really easier
> > for me to contribute that way:

I've merged your commit. No need for a pull request, just send me a ping when
you have updated your repo. I do not get notifcations for the GitHub repo.

> > are you considering to switch to GitHub in
> > the future? Linus also at last changed his mind about GitHub's PRs (
> > https://github.com/torvalds/linux) ... ^^

No. We will not switch to Github. But I'll accept contributions however I can
get them. :-) I just fetch from your repo and merge your changes into our
repo. Basically you can do what is easiest for you. For me fetching from a
github repo is no more work then applying a patch directly. The dutch
translation is also contributed through github.

> FWIW, I hope Gpg4win never switches to Microsoft Github.

Yes. That won't happen.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Andre

P.S. You are not using GpgOL by chance? GpgOL could also use an Italian
translation :-)

--
GnuPG.com - a brand of g10 Code, the GnuPG experts.

g10 Code GmbH, Erkrath/Germany, AG Wuppertal HRB14459
GF Werner Koch, USt-Id DE215605608, www.g10code.com.

GnuPG e.V., Rochusstr. 44, D-40479 Düsseldorf.  VR 11482 Düsseldorf
Vorstand: W.Koch, M.Gollowitzer, A.Heinecke.    Mail: board at gnupg.org
Finanzamt D-Altstadt, St-Nr: 103/5923/1779.   Tel: +49-2104-4938799