[Gpg4win-devel] How to contribute with translation

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Wed Apr 24 08:02:23 CEST 2019

On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 01:18:42 +0200
Giuseppe Bertone wrote:

> Hi Andre,
>  I just sent a PR (https://github.com/gpg/gpg4win/pull/2) to the GitHub
> repo and attached a "classic" request pull: you can get the it.po from
> there. I know you don't use GitHub as a main repo, but it is really easier
> for me to contribute that way: are you considering to switch to GitHub in
> the future? Linus also at last changed his mind about GitHub's PRs (
> https://github.com/torvalds/linux) ... ^^

Has he, though? See the bot comment in, for example,
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/pull/662 :

""
Thanks for your contribution to the Linux kernel!

Linux kernel development happens on mailing lists, rather than on
GitHub - this GitHub repository is a read-only mirror that isn't used
for accepting contributions. So that your change can become part of
Linux, please email it to us as a patch.
""

FWIW, I hope Gpg4win never switches to Microsoft Github.

Andrej