[Gpg4win-devel] uthenticode to verify an Authenticode signatur outside of Windows

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jul 5 18:29:14 CEST 2021

On Mon,  5 Jul 2021 16:33, Bernhard Reiter said:
> https://github.com/trailofbits/uthenticode
> claims to implementing the verification part of Authenticode
> cross plattform (using openssl).

We used to use osslsigncode for signing and verification.  It still
works but because GlobalSign sent us a token for our current certificate
and that token is not supported by an free software, we switched to run
the signing job on a Windows VM.  Windows very well working SSH server
comes handy for this.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner