[Gpg4win-devel] GpgOL: list Outlook 2021 compatibility?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Feb 23 09:08:56 CET 2022

Hi,
it seems time to include "Outlook 2021" as compatible with our system
requirements

https://gpg4win.org/system-requirements.html
"The Outlook plugin GpgOL is compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013,
2016 and 2019 (both 32 and 64bit) and supports transporting emails via SMTP/
IMAP and MS Exchange Server (version 2010 or newer). For elder Outlook
versions 2003 and 2007 less functionality is offered."

It is not entirely clear how Outlook versions are labeled by Microsoft.
At least it can be seen that "Outlook 2021" is a product, e.g.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/outlook-2021
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/what-version-of-outlook-do-i-have-b3a9568c-edb5-42b9-9825-d48d82b2257c
lists that it applies to
"Outlook for Microsoft 365" and  "Outlook 2021"

Andre, are we confident enough that we run on Outlook 2021 to list it.
Can you also answer that for Windows 11? (See my question on this list from
January)
Or shall we organise a more in depth test?

We'll also remove
"For elder Outlook versions 2003 and 2007 less functionality is offered."
as support was removed in  Gpg4w in 3.1.2 released 2018-06-17

Best Regards
www.intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3