[Gpg4win-devel] Idea for making logging easier

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jul 25 09:21:49 CEST 2022

Am Freitag 22 Juli 2022 19:55:42 schrieb Werner Koch:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 07:54, Christoph Klassen said:
> > My idea is a log manager which could be opened from Kleopatra.

>  An easy way to allow logging also on Windows would be
> to use tcp://127.0.0.42 as log socket and tweak watchgnupg to allow for
> TCP logging also on Windows.

Thanks for your ideas about making diagnostic messages easier to reach
for users!

Note that
 * Christoph had created https://dev.gnupg.org/T6072
   to document the next round of his ideas after the feedback from Andre.
 * Right now we are pursuing to improve other topics first like
   better instructions in wiki.gnupg.org and looking into an upgrade
   of the webpage's layout.

Best,

https://intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter