[Gpg4win-devel] Gpg4win 4 upgrade and compatibility

Ángel angel at pgp.16bits.net
Mon Jun 6 00:27:29 CEST 2022

On 2022-06-01 at 17:42 +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 01 Juni 2022 15:52:11 schrieb Werner Koch:
> > Anyone still using gpg4win 2
> > has more important problems than unsupported algorithms ;-)
>
> I fear it is about other legacy products.
> Anyway, let us wait for more analysis or feedback.
>
> Best,
> Bernhard

The Symantec product, now owned by Broadcom, still doesn't support
Curve 25519 keys.[1] And, annoyingly enough, it provides an error
message that makes it look like a bad public key file (not containing
an OpenPGP key), instead of clearly identifying that there is an
OpenPGP key, but of a type unknown to the product.

1-
https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/175932/encryption-desktop-cannot-import-ecc-pgp.html