[Gpg4win-users-en] New user, some comments and quesitons/issues

Spam Orgfarm spam at orgfarm.uu.se
Mon Dec 11 15:41:50 CET 2006

Bernhard Reiter <> wrote on Monday, December 11, 2006 3:27 PM:

>> 1: gpg4win should be able to import PGP generated keys at install or
>> first use.  I tried, it wouldn't let me.  I had to generate a new key
>> just to be able to use the key manager.  Only after doing that was I
>> able to import and use my PGP keyring.  I was then able to delete the
>> newly generated key.
>
> I agree that it should be easier to import other keys.
> Where you using GPA?

Interesting, using GPG4win v1.0.8 and the bundled WinPT, the key manager, I
tried importing a pgp-key from a friend of mine. It said "No valid OpenPGP
data found". I found this weird...

Googling and checking for GPG and PGP compatibilty FAQs showed that the
PGP-keys should be compatible with GnuPG, only known problems were with pre-v5
PGP-key as I understood it. The friend's key was made with PGP v8. This is the
only PGP-key I have access to try importing public keys with, so it *may* be
something with the pgp-key.

Is it a known problem with importing PGP-keys to GPG4win at all?

I'm new both to GPG4win and this list, so pls excuse my ignorance. 8-}

TIA.

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer	Web: http://www.orgfarm.uu.se
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,	Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >3 signals> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,		Mobile: +46 (0)701-718023
# Box 574, Uppsala University, 	Fax: +46 (0)18-4714482
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden	Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# ()  ASCII ribbon campaign - Against html E-mail
# /\
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#