[Gpg4win-users-en] how should gpg4win look like inside OL2003

fernando at lozano.eti.br fernando at lozano.eti.br
Tue Jul 4 22:05:31 CEST 2006

Hi there,

After spending days of work testing, evaluating and writing nice end-user documentation for a
Thunderbird+Enigmail (+gpg of course) combo for Windows users at my employee, a group of them
decides they need to have the same features under MS Outlook because they can't give up on the
groupware features. So I tried gpg4win. Winpt works great, I can use gpg on the command line, but in
Outlook all I can see is the "GPG Key Manager" menu item. I cannot find any way to encrypt and
decrypt mail messages.

My first install did hot had Outlook SP2 but after installing the upgrade nothing changed. I also
tried uninstalling and them reinstalling gpg4win (and upgrading to the the 1.0.3 release). Nothing
changed.

Where should menu items or toolbar icons for encrypting and decrypting messages be? Is there any
aditional requirements besides Outlook 2003 SP2? I am using the pt_BR localization. Does anyone
knows if this is supposed to work?

I also found that after uninstalling gpg4win and rebooting the WinXP workstation, outlook complains
about the lack of gpgol.dll, so I guess the uninstall process wasn't clean. Would a manual uninstall
help? Which registry keys and system files should I look for?

[]s, Fernando Lozano