[Gpg4win-users-en] how should gpg4win look like inside OL2003

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jul 5 19:03:12 CEST 2006

Hi Fernando,

Am Dienstag, 4. Juli 2006 22:05 schrieb fernando at lozano.eti.br:
>  So I tried gpg4win. Winpt works great, I can use gpg on the
> command line, but in Outlook all I can see is the "GPG Key Manager" menu
> item. I cannot find any way to encrypt and decrypt mail messages.

http://www.gpg4win.de/handbuecher/einsteiger_15.html as some installations
hints.
> Where should menu items or toolbar icons for encrypting and decrypting
> messages be?

In Extra there should be a tab that let you configure automatic signing or
encryption.
There supposed to be icons when you create a new email, they might habe been
shifted away so you might want to try the buttons to see other menu items.

> Is there any aditional requirements besides Outlook 2003 SP2?

The Gpg4win installer should be complete, but you need OL 2003 SP2 with all
updated from Microsoft.

> I am using the pt_BR localization. Does anyone knows if this is supposed to
> work?

I assume it should work, but I cannot say for sure.

> I also found that after uninstalling gpg4win and rebooting the WinXP
> workstation, outlook complains about the lack of gpgol.dll, so I guess the
> uninstall process wasn't clean. Would a manual uninstall help? Which
> registry keys and system files should I look for?

I do not know.