[Gpg4win-users-en] How often will module updates be incorporated into the official installer?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue May 16 09:50:47 CEST 2006

Hi Juan,

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 02:24:29PM -0400, juan manuel fangio wrote:
> I've noticed that WinPT is now up to 0.12.0 but the module
> in gpg4win-1.0.1 is 0.11.12.

yes, though gpg4win-1.0.1 is from 26th of April
and WinPT 0.12.0 was released on the 10th of May.
So both releases are quite fresh
and usually there is some quality control happen before
a new version is released.

> How frequently will the
> official gpg4win-x.x.x.exe installers be updated to
> incorporate updates of the various modules?

There is no fixed policy yet,
it depends a lot on the time of the current developers.
One goal of gpg4win though is, to make it easy to build new installers
and to attract more volunteers.

> Since I am using only gpg and winpt for a particular,
> internal, situation, I may be better off just building my
> own installer as outlined in the Build Installer Package,
> but I hate to duplicate the efforts of the gpg4win people,
> especially when they do such a great job.

We created the installer and all the instruction to you actually can do this.
It would be great to see the Build Installer Package used by more people!
If you find bugs, of course we would like to know.

When building a full installer with new versions,
you could put it online and announce this as a test version
on the development list. This would enable people to test a new
version and find bugs
which would help speeding up the official gpg4win release.

> Thanks, and thanks for the work you are doing!

Thanks for the compliment and your interest!