[Gpg4win-users-en] Download problems

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Nov 23 00:07:55 CET 2006

On Monday 20 November 2006 02:28, Guillaume Marceau wrote:
> > John Taggart cranreuch at gmail.com
> > Sat Nov 18 08:04:02 CET 2006
> >
> > What is the problem with downloading the most recent (and prior)
> > version? I've tried several times now, from various machines and
> > places, and each time I try to run the .exe I'm told it is corrupted.
> > tia
>
> I have the same problem here.  I tried downloading version 1.0.7, and
> version 1.0.6, with both Firefox and wget, and all 4 downloads were
> corrupted. wget was having a hard time downloading.  It would often
> timeout, reconnect and resume.  The overall speed was slow, between
> 5KB/s and 10KB/s, whereas my network connection can support 1MB per
> second.

Our stats show many successful downloads per day (thousand and more).
The most likely explanation for the difficulties you have
are network problems.

It would be nice to have some mirrors for ftp.gpg4win.org. :)

Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)
www.kolab-konsortium.com   (Email/Groupware Solution, Professional Service)