[Gpg4win-users-en] Can not create new key

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Sep 18 15:45:20 CEST 2006

Hi Jean-Paul!

On Wednesday 13 September 2006 14:12, Jean-Paul Geerets wrote:
> A fw days ago I installed gpg4win.
> The system tells me to create a new key.
> When I gived it some information it needed, the system stopt while making
> the new key...

Did you machine crash or freeze?
I am asking because generating enough randomness (aka entropy) to create
keys can make the key generation pause for quite a while, which is normal.

> I have tried to install gpg4win on a different machine and this works
> great. Also the making of the key...
>
> Perhaps someone can tell me what to do/check to get stuff working.

You could try the key creation on the command line and see
if this gives you more error message.

gpg --gen-key

Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)
www.kolab-konsortium.com   (Email/Groupware Solution, Professional Service)