[Gpg4win-users-en] Thunderbird in gpg4win?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Aug 9 18:50:13 CEST 2007

On Thursday 09 August 2007 17:42, gpg4win at gmail.com wrote:
> Where is the "developing platform"?

Follow the link "Project Site" in the Section "Getting involved."

> Where should I post a .torrent
> file?<br>

Check the tracker section, either "Patches" or "Feature Requests"
would be appropriate I think.

> If I make some torrents and seed them, is it fine with you if I
> make a complete one, including Thunderbird and Enigmail? (And possible
> other software of your choice or on the wish list.)<br>

I cannot say without considering the consequences more deeply.
My first notion is to have a Gpg4win only torrent to keep
the currently clear seperation. So all user will get the same
when getting the Gpg4win package.

> Should I add your signature to the torrents, or should I create my own
> and add it? Or should the signature files only be posted on the web
> page to ensure that no one creates a fake torrent?<br>

Do you mean to sign the torrent itself?
Is this necessary if we already have the signatures for the files
that users can verify that could be included in the torrrents?

> The torrent file sharing system has it own built in system to verify
> integrity, but users of pgp/gpg might trust a gpg signature more. So
> signatures are good to have.<br>

Yes, the trust-chain is the biggest problems.

> Actually, with a torrent download it&apss possible to choose which files
> to download, so there is really only a need to create on big one. But
> some users might find it annoying to select/deselect what to download.<br>

See above.

Bernhard
ps: Personally I do prefer text/plain only email, because HTML can contain
a lot more bad stuff.