[Gpg4win-users-en] Problem with extra hyphen

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jun 8 13:17:51 CEST 2007

On Fri,  8 Jun 2007 08:36, sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se said:

> Yes and no. 8-) I do sign my mails (*did* in fact; it was to much of a bother
> with all hyhens) with GPGol (saw the logo in the options in Outlook-settings),
> and the problems I have  is with my own signature when I sign the mails with
> GPGol.

Ah okay, GPGol.  It is possible that GPGOl doesn not remove the extra
dashes when verifying a clear text signature.  Need to check it.
However, if you receive such a mail it is unavoidable that you notice
this "dash quoting".  And yes, it will often exhibit itself with the "--
" signature line delimiter.

> PS. Whenever I reply to a message on this list, I end up with the replying
> person's mail address, not the list address. Is this by design of the list?
> DS.

That is how all mailing lists should be; it is a privacy feature.  Good
mail clients feature a way (e.g. button) named List-reply which does the
right thing.  Lacking such a feature, you need to use "Reply to all"

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner