[Gpg4win-users-en] Report on Vista, Office 2007, Outlook 2007

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue May 15 12:04:16 CEST 2007

On Monday 14 May 2007 21:37, Glen wrote:
> On Monday 14 May 2007 11:16, Werner Koch wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 May 2007 17:14, bernhard at intevation.de said:
> > > Ideally could you file a report with our gpg4win tracker about
> >
> > No, it is a deliberate decision not to add it to the PATH.

Ah, is this already documented?
Rule of thumb is that if one person, asks, ten have had the same question. :)

> > > The people from GPGOL will appreciate this feedback as well,
> >
> > GPGol is a very tricky software and depends on ondocumented behaviour
> > of OL.  Before I can work on this I need a buy a copy of OL2007,
> > though.
>
> Okay, so I am understanding that at this point I am not to take any
> action.  And indeed this was no complaint - as a Linux/Opensource
> person, I know the value of posting information when I can.

If Werner did not say so,
no entry is necessary as he is the main GPGol developer.
In many development groups I do the entries right away as
they are less easily forgotten compare to an email discussion.

> I noted
> quite clearly on the website the absence of "Windows Vista"
> and "Outlook 2007" as supported products... but since everyone I
> support uses Windows (alas) I do hope that support for your products
> continues apace.  :-)

This is a community, to get this further, we need funding, publicity and help.

Fortunately gpg4win 1.0 was funded by the German Federal Agency
of IT Security (see http://www.bsi.de/produkte/gpg4win/index.htm in German)
which allowed us to do a major step. This project is long finished though
and since then we did quite a bit without further funds.

So any contribution is helpful like your feedback!

> Would that I could contribute to your purchase of OL2007; however, as
> they say "money's too tight to mention."

No problem.
I think it is a lack of time on Werner's side.
Your test and writing it up took quite a bit of time as well
and time can be more worth then money sometimes.