[Gpg4win-users-en] GPG4Win 1.9.[89], Outlook 200[37], Vista - not quite working

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 13:33:51 CET 2008

Background: I've been using GPG4Win 1.1.x for a while now without
problems under Outlook 2003 on Vista (and XP before).  1.1.3 still
works just fine, but I thought I'd test the new betas

I upgraded to 1.9.8 (removing registry keys as documented) with 2003
and found I couldn't sign or encrypt anything, but a quick look at the
list archive showed that others had seen this with 2003.  I decided to
use this as an opportunity (hah) to switch to Outlook 2007 since I've
been putting that off for far too long now.  I de-installed 1.9.8 and
Outlook 2003, rebooted, installed Outlook 2007 and then GPG4Win 1.9.8.
 The basic functions seemed to work, but I could no longer access any
mail in secondary mailboxes ("Cannot open this item.  You do not have
sufficient permission...").  Noticing that 1.9.9 was out I
de-installed 1.9.8, rebooted and installed 1.9.9 - same problem.  A
quick downgrade (and reboot) to 1.1.3 and everything works as
expected.

Am I the first to try this setup?  Is there anything I can do to help
identify the problem, keeping in mind that I can't spend all day doing
a de-install, re-install, de-install, re-install cycle - I have to get
some work done or the boss will complain ;)

Thanks

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor