[Gpg4win-users-en] / Gpg4win 2.0.0. spanish installer bug / GpgEX hangs Explorer / not decipher symmetric encrypt

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Oct 14 11:00:09 CEST 2009

José ,

thanks for the feedback!

Am Sonntag, 27. September 2009 03:20:34 schrieb Comisión Rectoría:
> * Windows Explorer hangs when I try to decrypt or encrypt a file with
> GpgEX right click. I need to terminate the Explorer window and then I
> can see the dialog for encrypt/decrypt (Kleopatra). This is a little
> problem because only occurs the first time I use GpgEX. The next times
> all is OK. But if I shutdown Kleopatra, the next time I use GpgEX the
> problem recurs (only the first time).

I have added this information to
https://wald.intevation.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1109&group_id=11&atid=126
[#1109] GpgEX: Trying to decrypt file results in deadlock due to hidden dialog
which seems to be a similiar problem.

> * Another problem is that Kleopatra (and gpg.exe on command line too)
> can't decipher files symmetricaly encrypted with GpgEE (with Gpg4win
> 1.1.4) when the password contains accented characters. For example if I
> encrypt a file with the password "ma" with GpgEE Kleopatra can decipher
> it. But if I use "má" Kleopatra can't decipher it. However if I open a
> DOS window and encrypt the file with the GPG command line included with
> Gpg4win 2.0.0
>
> gpg -c [file]
>
> using the password "má" then I can decipher it with Kleopatra or GpgEX.
>
> This is the main problem for me. I don't know if I am wrong using the
> software or there is a bug and I need to decipher my files with Gpg4win
> 1.1.4 and then encrypt with Gpg4win 2.0.0 using the same password.

I have created an entry in our issue tracker, see
https://wald.intevation.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1151&group_id=11&atid=126
[#1151] Passphrases with accents do not work with GpgEX for old GpgEE files
anymore

Best,