[Gpg4win-users-en] Caching passphrase

Abhay S. Kushwaha kushwaha at netsolutionsindia.com
Mon Oct 19 12:52:51 CEST 2009

Hi.

I've been using gpg4win for ages now with claws-mail. In a recent
upgrade (I believe when Kleopatra was introduced?), pinentry.exe
rather than the CM plugin's edit box, started taking passphrase input
which I'm guessing is a good and expected thing.

But for the life of me, I can't seem to be able to have my passphrase
cached. So every time I send an email, pinentry.exe pops up and wants
me to type my rather long passphrase again. I was hoping to have it
cached for at least 30-40 minutes, maybe an hour.

Changing the setting in CM's preferences doesn't seem to help and let
me to deduce that this setting is no longer taken from the plugin's
preferences.

Any ideas what setting/configuration or application I can edit/use to
have the passphrase cached and thus make my life a little more
romantic with gpg?

[a]