[Gpg4win-users-en] How to upgrade from 1.0.8?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Sep 10 07:02:23 CEST 2009

I found out that the new gpg4win is not working with my Outlook 2003.
I had big problems inside Outlook and finally had to uninstall it
completely.
Instead I downloaded GnuPG 1.4.9 from the GPG site and installed it
and got Enigmail to work with Thunderbird 2. But it also refused to
handle the HTML formatted emails. Which is kind of strange because HTML
is just a text based format in the first place. Why would it not work?

Now I wonder what will happen if I try to re-install gpg4win 1.0.8?
Will it overwrite GPG 1.4.9 with some older version or will it put a
different GPG version side-by-side so Enigmail will still work?
If it overwrites the newer GPG with an older one, will that destroy
my keyrings and other infrastructure?

I use Outlook for my email and I can't switch to Thunderbird since OL
is auto downloading all my email every 10 minutes. So I really want
encryption in Outlook.

Best regards,

Bo Berglund