[Gpg4win-users-en] GpgOl problem (was: How to upgrade from 1.0.8?)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Sep 10 16:19:54 CEST 2009

Well,
it was last week so now I don't remember exactly.

But when I started Outlook sometimes there was a message box telling
me it could not start because some service was not running.
And since I could not get around the richtext/html encryption I wanted
I uninstalled gpg4win 2.0.0 and then Outlook was back at the old way
of behaviour.
I have had gpg4win 1.0.8 installed  on this PC for several years (but
not used it) without any such problems.
Now I have downloaded the last GPG1 gpg4win version (1.4.1) and installed
it and I have Outlook integration (for plaintext messages).

Lets see what happens when I start communicating with my co-workers across
the ocean.
They installed gpg4win 2.0.0 and they have MS Office 2007 instead of 2003
like I have.

What does "not work with Exchange" mean?
Is the type of mail server important? I would have believed that the mail
*client* was all that mattered.

I am a remote user and I connect via POP3 to an Exchange mail server to
download my mail (nothing stays on the server), whereas the co-workers
are users on the same LAN as the Exchange server and use Outlook in the
"viewer" mode where all mail stays on the server.
Will this make a problem?

Best regards,

Bo Berglund