[Gpg4win-users-en] GPGol fails to sign/encrypt outgoing messages!

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Sep 13 07:49:36 CEST 2009

> -----Original Message-----
> From: IW [mailto:iain at holuwon.com]
> Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 2:15 AM
> To: gpg4win-users-en at wald.intevation.org
> Cc: bo.berglund at telia.com
> Subject: Re: [Gpg4win-users-en] GPGol fails to sign/encrypt
> outgoing messages!

However, even if I do not touch the message after activating the Sign
function but go directly to Send it won't sign the damned message!
In *both* cases it briought up the dialog for me to enter my passphrase
and select the key to sign with, though. And this happens at the time
I click the Send button both directly and after I have added some
more text.

I do not believe GPGol signs the message at the time the Sign button
is clicked, that just sets a flag. The real signing is part of the
sending procedure as witnessed by it displaying the keyselect and
passphrase dialog only after clicking Send.

There must be something else going on.

Just a minute ago I found another peculiarity:
I wanted to encrypt a file as an example for my co-workers so in
Windows Explorer I rightclicked the file and selected the pop-up
menu item "GPGee/Encrypt(PK)" command.
At this time I expected to get a dialog asking for the keys to
use for encryption but exactly *nothing* happened!

What does this mean? Is that not the way to encrypt standalone
files?

--
Bo Berglund