[Gpg4win-users-en] GPGol fails to sign/encrypt outgoing messages!

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Sep 14 12:51:48 CEST 2009

Am Samstag, 12. September 2009 17:24:25 schrieb Bo Berglund:
> I belive that this is a very serious bug in GPGol, since if one is sending
> sensitive information and need the encryption and it is not done then the
> result may be catastrophic!!!!

I agree this is bad behaviour.

> It seems like the buttons in Outlook that GPGol uses have to be clicked
> exactly *before* the Outlook Send button to have any impact at all on the
> message being sent.
> This is very easy to overlook. In my case I clicked the button and then
> made some last adjustment to the text before sending. The button was still
> marked as active, but it clearly did not work.
>
> Am I using Outlook/GPGol erroneously or is this a known bug?
> I am running gpg4win 1.4.1 and Outlook 2003.

Have you checked this with Gpg4win 2.0.1rc1?
There are a couple of issues with the old GpgOL, this is why a new one was
written and shipped with Gpg4win2. In general doing a plugin that helps
Outlook to become a good email application is really hard from the
technological side. There are some things you just cannot do from within a
plugin, e.g. see this post about some development details:
http://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/gpg4win-devel/2009-February/000827.html

We are glad that Werner Koch from g10code was able to at least get
GpgOL to the point where it now is. :)

Best Regards,