[Gpg4win-users-en] gpg4win cant input the phassphrase

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Sep 16 13:34:44 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch, 16. September 2009 09:43:10 schrieb Dongsheng Song:
> When I use Gpg4win 2.0.1rc1, I can now use "%APPDATA%\gnupg\gpg-agent.conf"
> to specify which pinentry program used.
>
> C:\>type "%APPDATA%\gnupg\gpg-agent.conf"
> #pinentry-program C:/opt/GnuPG2/pinentry-qt4.exe
> #pinentry-program C:/opt/GnuPG2/pinentry-gtk-2.exe
> pinentry-program C:/opt/GnuPG2/pinentry-w32.exe
>
> In this method, I can use pinentry-w32.exe and pinentry-qt4.exe, but
> not pinentry-gtk-2.exe !
>
> Now I can use gpg with agent rightly with 'pinentry-qt4.exe' or
> 'pinentry-w32.exe' in command line.

I am unsure if I understand correctly.
On the command line, if you change the gpg-agent.conf
and restart the gpg-agent (or logout and login):
It now works fine and the pinentry comes up? Good!

It now should work for all applications in 2.0.1rc1.

> But when I use gpg4win in outlook 2003, use option 'Sign new messages
> by default',
> outlook 2003 give me a dialogue 'Select Signing Key' with empty list when
> sending mail.

Do you have a secret key available?
Does gpg2 --list-secret key work?
Can you see the secret key in Kleopatra?