[Gpg4win-users-en] gpg4win cant input the phassphrase

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Sep 17 11:04:08 CEST 2009

Am Donnerstag, 17. September 2009 04:07:32 schrieb Dongsheng Song:
> > Can you see the secret key in Kleopatra?
>
> No, Kleopatra can NOT come up.

Ah, okay. This is a different problem we need to deal with.
Can you install something like "DebugView" and start kleopatra on the command
line and see if you can extract something useful?
This should all lead to a nice qualified report so developers can think about
how to fix the issue.

> But in 'GNU Privacy Assistant - Key
> Manager', I can seed my secret key.

Good, this means you could try using GPA as your UI-server.

> After a uninstall, reboot, reinstall, GpgOL check 'User Interface Server'
> every time when outlook 2003 startup, told me try again and again,
> even if I disabled S/MIME support.
>
> In outlook 2003 menu, 'Tools' -> 'GnuPG Certificate Manager', GpgOL report,
> 'Could not start certificate manager'.

You need an ui server and a certificate manager to run crypto in Gpg4win2.
If Kleopatra does not work for you, maybe GPA does.
Manually start GPA before running Outlook or anything else
and then try GpgOL.

> If I enable 'Sign new message by default', when I click 'send mail',
> no action occur.

That is a problem following out of the unavailability of a crpyto-ui-server.

Again thanks for your feedback, as you can imagine we do not have all versions
of windows in the different languages like Japanese, Chinese or Hangul,
so help fixing those problems is really appreciated.

Best Regards,