[Gpg4win-users-en] Upgraded to gpg4win 2.0.2 RC2, still can't decrypt messages with gpgol

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Apr 9 12:15:29 CEST 2010

Hi Michele,

sorry for responding to the wrong email before.

Am Freitag, 19. März 2010 15:20:48 schrieb Michele Jordan:
> I really need this functionality to work, so I went to the newest RC for
> gpg4win, which includes gpgol 1.1.1.

Yes, testing 2.0.2rc2 was a good idea.

> I'm using Windows 7, Outlook 2007.

> My message is encrypted, but not signed.

> I now see the gpgOL Decrypt/Encrypt button in my Add-In ribbon, but when I
> click it nothing happens that I can see.

I assume that this is an OpenPGP email.
Are you using the email preview or did you also try opening the message
completely by double clicking?

> I have brought up GPA, and decrypted the message using the clipboard, so I
> know my password has been accepted.

> (A side note, clipboard decrypt in GPA would not work at all unless I
> installed the Kleopatra component.  I received a QTcore4.dll missing error,
> and it couldn't get my passphrase.)

Yes a known issue if you are not installing Kleopatra, the pinentry default
binary should be changes, for technical details see

[#1315] QtCore4.dll missing if only GnuPG is installed
http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1315&group_id=11&atid=126

> Am I doing something wrong?  With gpgOL 1.0.1, I didn't even see the add-in
> on the ribbon, so it's made some progress, but I still can't decrypt the
> email.  Nothing happens when I click the button on the add-in menu.

Try the full email mode, try enabling debug mode and report an issue against
GpgOL please, see http://gpg4win.de/reporting-bugs.html

Thanks for testing Gpg4win2, this is much appreciated!

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.