[Gpg4win-users-en] pgp4win doesn't work with exchange

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Feb 26 08:59:41 CET 2010

Am Samstag, 2. Januar 2010 02:18:29 schrieb John Mountcastle:
>  I was surprised to find that gpg4win2.0.1 does not work with Outlook /
> Exchange,

The reason is a new verison of GpgOL which now can do the
OpenPGP/MIME and S/MIME formats. Both are mandated for MIME aware mailers,
which Outlook claims to be.

Technically, for both GpgOL has to steer the mime part construction
and Outlook/Exchange is giving our developers a hard time here.
We cannot even say for sure that it is possible to implement this, but we will
continue to try. But this is the reason that there is no timeline.

> especially since I'd already installed it after whacking v 1.03,
> which worked pretty well. Is there any time line around getting the Outlook
> Plug-In to work, or should I remove it and reinstall 1.03?

If 1.1.4 worked for you, there is not reason to not try it. ;)