[Gpg4win-users-en] Passphrases in gpg4win

Emanuel Schütze emanuel at intevation.de
Wed Sep 15 08:57:16 CEST 2010

Hi Jonathan,

On 2010-09-14 23:57, Jonathan McAndrew wrote:
> Want to migrate from PGP Desktop 9.0 to gpg4win; after installing gpg4win I
> cannot use the pass phrase (70 characters long) from PGP because it seems
> to be too long to be entered into the textbox presented by gpg4.
>
> Has anybody experienced this problem (or a similar one) as well?

I don't know if there is a limitation for the lenght of passphrase in
pinentry. Maybe Werner know it.
I just tested successfully to change a passphrase with a lenght of 75
characters. It works.
Maybe you have an other problem with your migration?
What's your error message? Wrong passphrase?
Can you try to migrate a test key with a shorter passphrase to Ggp4win?

Regards
Emanuel

--
Emanuel Schütze  |  ++49-541-33 50 83 - 746  |  http://www.intevation.de/