[Gpg4win-users-en] The procedure entry point libiconv_set_relocation_prefix could not be located in the dynamic link library iconv.dll

Emanuel Schütze emanuel at intevation.de
Mon Feb 14 09:12:41 CET 2011

Hi John,

On 2011-02-13 15:44, John Espiro wrote:
> I installed gog4win-2.1.0-rc2 on my Windows XP SP3 machine.
> The machine is completely up to date with updates, and I've run sfc
> /scannow to ensure all system files are in working order.
>
> If I right click on a file via Windows Explorer and select "Sign and
> encrypt", I get a a popup that says:
>
> kbuildsycoca4.exe - Entry point not found
> The procedure entry point libiconv_set_relocation_prefix could not be
> located in the dynamic link library iconv.dll
>
> And then another that says:
> GpgEx
> Can not access Kleopatra: IPC connect call failed
>
> Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this?

Strange. I can't reproduce it on Win XP SP3.
Do you have updated an old Gpg4win version? If yes, which version?
Do you have installed Kleopatra? (gpg4win default installation?)
Please try to sign/encrypt via the file menu of Kleopatra. Does it work?

Can somebody confirm this error?

Regards
Emanuel

--