[Gpg4win-users-en] GnuPG 2.x binary installer for Windows 32or64

Barry Smith bnsmith001 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 20:55:26 CET 2012

I am rebuilding my computer, and I just installed gpg 1.4.9 for
windows... because that is the latest Windows Install version that I can
find.

I found an article on-line "Building GnuPG for Win32 using MinGW" at
http://clbianco.altervista.org/gnupg/eng/gnupg.html

Apparently the process for installing MinGW has been streamlined since
the article was written, and I was able to install the last stable
release of MinGW using a mingw-get program which grabbed all of the
MinGW modules dated sometime in 2011-Nov.

Anyway, that install went well...

So I downloaded the latest source for GPG --  gnupg-2.0.18.tar.bz2...
That compile-install did not go well at all.
There were 8 or 9 requests for other gpg libraries or non-gpg libraries.

Then I see a post on this list (from a while ago) from a name that I
recognize... stating that gpg4win (a package that I used a long time
ago) builds it's binary of GPG2 using MinGW... so I --
o  go to their site at http://gpg4win.de/index.html...
o  click on the English flag (to view the site in English, and
o  can't seem to find a download of just GPG2.

Is there a download for a Windows 32or64 binary that installs that
installs gpg2?

I will check the docs that came with the source download of gpg2.0.18...
for better compile/install instructions...

Thank you,
--
Barry Smith
c 704-497-4217